March Meeting Agenda (brief recap)
*This is a recap version until the official minutes are posted
- Updates from our community resource officer Officer & ODU PD & crime/reporting stats.
- Introduction to the new website and community partnership advertising program
- If your business or cause would like to become a community partner/advertiser click HERE to fill out the ad insertion order and to get the ball rolling.
- Our goal is to build up revenue for projects that benefit the neighborhood.
- Mr. Wayne Green from the City of Norfolk presented Mission 22, an initiative to end veteran suicide. We discussed a public installation of the mission 22 memorial lasting a year proposed for the city property between North and South Fairwater, and into the Larchmont Library property. More information about Mission 22 can be found HERE
- Formal vote by civic league for project approval passed by overwhelming majority.
- Dr. Dan Neumann, from the Norfolk Planning Commission, spoke about upcoming and ongoing projects in Norfolk.
- Encouraged residents to listen in on the planning commission, and learn more about what they do.
- Dr. Noelle Gabriel, Vice Chair of the Norfolk School Board, presented updates to the Larchmont Elementary School construction scheduled to finish in May.
We also introduced numerous elected officials and candidates for local office joining us for the evening. Joe Dillard and Jay Jones, running to represent the 89th District, House of Delegates attended. Sitting Commonwealth's Attorney, Greg Underwood, and CA Candidate, S.W. Dawson also attended our meeting.