The Norfolk Police Department assigns a Community Resource Officer to work and coordinate with each civic league. Officer Carrie Maglalang is our Community Resource Officer and can be reached at 274-9808 or email her at email@example.com.
Please remember to report all crimes to the police, no matter how insignificant they seem since your information could help solve other crimes or spot trends. For non-emergencies, please call (757) 441-5610 to reach the police department. For an emergency call 911.
Larchmont-Edgewater’s neighborhood watch program encourages neighbors to get to know those who live around them and to report all criminal and suspicious activity. Volunteer block captains help encourage residents to work together to help reduce vandalism, burglaries and other crimes and email residents in their block the Crime Alerts. This is the listing of current Block Captain vacancies. Chuck Davis is coordinating the neighborhood watch program. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer or find out about the program.
The Larchmont-Edgewater Civic League area currently falls within the Norfolk Police Department’s Blue Sector. This sector covers much of the area to our south and east including ODU, Ghent and Colonial Place. Lt. Albert Karpovich is the Blue Sector Commander and can be reached at 823-4449 or by email at email@example.com.
To see crime statistics for our neighborhood online please do the following:
- Go to this web address: www.norfolk.gov/police/crime_view.asp.
- Click on “To Enter Crime View Community”
- Read and accept the agreement
- Click through “Select All” and “Next”
- Select “Within a Boundary”
- Find “Civic Leagues”
- Go to “Larchmont /Edgewater”
- Select the number of days you want to view
- When you see the neighborhood map, click “Report” to get a detailed listing of crime activity in our neighborhood over the number of days you specified.
For another option to stay up-to-date, sign up for Crime Alerts when you join the civic league if you are not receiving them from a Block Captain.
Become a Neighborhood Ambassador
Give a warm welcome to a new neighbor. Click here to learn how!
Join Our E-Newsletter List
We appreciate the more than 892 area residents who have signed up for our e-newsletter. Please encourage your neighbors to do the same.
Important Phone Numbers
- 664-6510 Norfolk Care Central (directs you to the correct city department)
- 441-5610 Police non-emergencies
- 823-4425 Officer Carrie Maglalang, Community Resource Officer (cell: 274-9808)
- 911 Police, fire or medical emergency