The Norfolk Police Department assigns a Community Resource Officer to work and coordinate with each civic league. Officer Josh White is our Community Resource Officer and can be reached at 823-4425 (office) or 757-274-9808 (cell) or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to report all crimes to the police, no matter how insignificant they seem since your information could help solve other crimes or spot trends. For an emergency call 911. For non-emergencies call 441-5610 if you want an officer to respond, or for minor incidents involving less than $500 that do not require an officer to respond, please contact the Word Process Center at 664-7038. The Word Process Center assists citizens as well as police officers in receiving, logging, and entering incident and accident reports into their databases. This includes taking some minor reports over the telephone.
Larchmont-Edgewater’s neighborhood watch program encourages neighbors to get to know those who live around them and to report all criminal and suspicious activity. Volunteer block captains help encourage residents to work together to help reduce vandalism, burglaries and other crimes and email residents in their block the Crime Alerts. This is the listing of current Block Captain vacancies. Chuck Davis is coordinating the neighborhood watch program. Contact him at email@example.com to volunteer or find out about the program.
The Larchmont-Edgewater Civic League area currently falls within the Norfolk Police Department’s Blue Sector. This sector covers much of the area to our south and east including ODU, Ghent and Colonial Place. Lt. Terry Gibbs is the Blue Sector Commander and can be reached at 823-4449 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see crime statistics for our neighborhood online please do the following:
- Go to this web address: www.norfolk.gov/police/crime_view.asp.
- Click on “To Enter Crime View Community”
- Read and accept the agreement
- Click through “Select All” and “Next”
- Select “Within a Boundary”
- Find “Civic Leagues”
- Go to “Larchmont /Edgewater”
- Select the number of days you want to view
- When you see the neighborhood map, click “Report” to get a detailed listing of crime activity in our neighborhood over the number of days you specified.
For another option to stay up-to-date, sign up for Crime Alerts when you join the civic league if you are not receiving them from a Block Captain.
Get Our E-Newsletter
We appreciate the nearly 1000 area residents who have signed up for our e-newsletter. Please encourage your neighbors to do the same.
Become a Neighborhood Ambassador
Give a warm welcome to a new neighbor. Click here to learn how!
Important Phone Numbers
- 664-6510 Norfolk Care Central (directs you to the correct city department)
- 441-5610 Police non-emergencies
- 823-4425 Officer Josh White, Community Resource Officer (cell: 274-9808)
- 911 Police, fire or medical emergency